Friday, March 2, 2012

The Eyes of March

Some say they are the windows to the soul. Others say you should always keep one open. Either way eyes sure do inspire a lot of good music. All pun credits go to my sister Rachael.

Track 1 - "Sleepyhead" by Passion Pit
This is one of the songs from Passion Pit's first EP(the valentine's day gift for his girlfriend). It really encompasses all that I love about Passion Pit.


Track 2 - "DLZ" by TV on the Radio
TV on the Radio never fails to impress me.

Track 3 - "Le Disko" by Shiny Toy Guns
This is a really fun one. Extremely danceable.


Track 4 - "The Coolest" by Lupe Fiasco
Some classic Lupe for you. He really needs to realize that he is one of the best raw hip-hop artists out there and stop overproducing his tracks.

Track 5 - "My Body" by Young the Giant
One of my favorite new bands. Hopefully their second album will live up to the quality of this one.


Track 6 - "Just a Dream" by Nelly
That's right! Nelly! I bet you forgot about Nelly.


Track 7 - "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service
I know everyone already loves this song but it fits the theme and it's wonderful.


Track 8 - "Eyes" by Rogue Wave
Rogue Wave are a local band from Oakland! Hooray for Bay Area bands.

Track 9 - "Open Your Eyes" by Snow Patrol
This song just builds and builds and explodes. It was used in the first episode of The Black Donnellys in a very suspenseful climax (don't remember that show? it's okay; it only lasted thirteen episodes. i liked it though. it had Olivia Wilde in it.)


Track 10 - "Many of Horror" by Biffy Clyro
Biffy Clyro are a Scottish band that have apparently been around for a long time. This song was my introduction to them not too long ago.


Track 11 - "Honey Let Me Sing You a Song" by Matt Hires
I have to listen to this song a couple times a day to stay happy and hopeful. It's delightful.


Track 12 - "Baby(feat. Nelly)" by Pharrell
Pharrell is everything Soulja Boy wishes he could be.

Track 13 - "Rebellion(Lies)" by Arcade Fire
I remember when Funeral came out I listened to this song and "In the Back Seat" over and over.


Track 14 - "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel
I would be remiss to not include this song.


Track 15 - "Eyes" by The Naked and Famous
I get to see these guys in April!

Track 16 - "Blue Eyes" by Cary Brothers
This song got stupid popular after it was on the Garden State soundtrack. Since then Cary Brothers has done roughly nothing.

Track 17 - "My Night with the Prostitute from Marseille" by Beirut
Zach Condon dropped out of high school to travel with his brother and learn about world music. I would say that this gamble paid off pretty well.

Track 18 - "Closer(Presets Remix) by Kings of Leon
This remix was included in Kings of Leon's newest album "Come Around Sundown". I find it utterly haunting.

Another great way to listen to these mixes is to friend me on Spotify and listen to them there!

No comments:

Post a Comment